As a trading name of VetPartners, The Willows Veterinary Group is a multi-species group, encompassing SA, Farm and Equine. Within the Small Animal function, we have 23 Small Animal practices including an RCVS Tier 3 Hospital and a specialist Referral centre, Oakwood Veterinary Referrals. Our practices are based largely in and around the Cheshire, Manchester, and Staffordshire areas.
THE WILLOWS VETERINARY GROUP
Small Animal Graduate Vet Opportunities
Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Staffordshire
About Us - As a trading name of VetPartners, The Willows Veterinary Group has 23 small animal practices including:
- RCVS Tier 3 Hospital (with onsite OOH provision), which will soon become 2 as we are adding another Hospital to our portfolio with OOH provision in the near future.
- Specialist referral centre, Oakwood Veterinary Referrals
- Our own Head Office in Northwich, Cheshire
- This will be our 8th cohort of SA Veterinary Graduates to join the group
The Role -As a Graduate within the WVG you will begin your journey on a rotating or non-rotating programme; we want you to get the most out of your first 12 months in practice. To encourage and fully support you on your transition from university life to becoming a confident practitioner we offer:
- Accredited VetGDP Advisors, many of whom are working towards or have gained postgraduate certificates
- Additional support from our Willows New Graduate Mentor team
- Organised graduate social events
- Rotation through a hospital environment, including OOH, always fully supported by experienced Vets
- Taking part in the weekend rota on a 1:4 Saturday (hours accrued into the working week) and 1:12 Sunday basis, with no on call and time back in lieu for Sundays'
- Supporting on the bank holiday rota, (time back in lieu) phased entry from January 2025
- No sole charge until circa 6 months or until you are comfortable to do so
You will also receive a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 6.6 weeks holiday entitlement including bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS membership reimbursed and VDS cover
- BSAVA membership
- Monthly CPD paid for by VetPartners, plus internal CPD events
- Enhanced sick, parental leave, Buy/Sell Holiday, and cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts for your pets
- Healthshield wellbeing programme
If you wish to find out more about the Small Animal Graduate Programme, please contact Louise White direct on 01606 339899 or to apply for one of these positions, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. The closing date will be 31st January 2024.