Work Experience

The Willows Veterinary Group is RCVS accredited and a registered Training Practice, we work with the Veterinary Universities to provide Extra Mural Studies and vacation work experience for undergraduates. We offer placements for all levels of Veterinary Students from all 25 small animal practices, our Farm practice and Equine centres.

Work Experience

Veterinary Students

All students are supervised by our experienced Veterinary Surgeons and Nurses, we aim to provide a supportive and wide variety of experience from observation and involvement in clinical work, clinical discussions and assisting with surgical procedures (as appropriate for your year of study).

If you would like to be considered for a placement at the Willows Veterinary Group, please forward your details to Louise White at, include details of any particular areas of interest and any EMS placements to date.

Veterinary Nursing

If you are seeking a Work Placement or Work Experience, please contact your local surgery. Further details of all our surgeries can be found here.

The Willows Veterinary Group includes a variety of Training Practices (TPs) and auxiliary Training Practices (aTPs) and works with the local Colleges and universities to provide placements for their students. We offer placements at all 20 small animal TP / aTPs and our Equine centre. We support both further and higher education students.

Routes into Veterinary Nursing are detailed below:

Student Veterinary Nursing Roles

All students are supervised by our Vets, Registered Nurses and are supported with a Clinical Coach.  We offer a full variety of experiences that can result in full coverage and achievement of the RCVS day one skills. These include Health, Safety and Legislation affecting practice, communication, handling and restraint, nursing care, laboratory techniques, diagnostic imaging, dispensing and pharmacy, infection control, theatre practice and anaesthesia.

Students are generally expected to work full-time hours on a shared rota,  this does include weekends and bank holidays and a night rota at some of our practices (where over-night accommodation is provided on-site).

Qualification requirements (License to Practice)

You will ideally have at least 5 GCSEs at grade C (newer grade 4/5) or above, including English, Maths and Science. Colleges do accept equivalents, including the Level 2 Diploma for Veterinary Care Assistants with Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths. In addition, a full UK driving licence is required or the ability to travel to enable attendance at college.